A well-maintained, lively, family 3-star campsite located directly on a stunning beach, 3 kilometres long. This is the ideal place for you to forget about everything and just relax with a good book, while listening to the gentle sound of the waves lapping on the shore. In the evenings, you can take a stroll to Funtana and try out one of the great restaurants there!
Water recreation at Valkanela campsite
Valkanela campsite is idyllically situated on a large bay, spanned by a long beach, where you can swim and sunbathe to your heart's content! Here, the beaches are rocky, pebbly and sandy so you can decide for yourself where you want to relax. The water here is crystal-clear and ideal for snorkeling. There are also various other water sports for you to enjoy. On the beach are several rocky plateaus and grassy sunbathing spots where you can soak up the sun or you can rent a sun lounger, if you prefer. There are two bars on the beach where you can buy a deliciously refreshing cocktail at any time of the day!
The campsite also has a separate beach where dogs are allowed to swim. A spacious swimming pool and kiddies’ pool are new since 2016.
Facilities Valkanela campsite
You don't have to leave the campsite to enjoy a delicious meal! Valkanela has a great pizzeria, several bars and a good grill restaurant. The choice is yours!
The campsite also has a whole range of great facilities, including a fine tennis court, a mini golf course and a volleyball court on the beach itself. Near the campsite is a good-sized disco for teenagers and a trampoline and playground for the kids! Next year a lovely, new playground is being built especially for the chiildren. During peak season, the campsite employs a great entertainment crew who are responsible for organising various activities, including sports, a mini club and evening shows.
Places to visit Valkanela campsite
Valkanela is within walking distance of the interesting towns of Funtana and Vrsar. Vrsar is a resort, popular with tourists, and known for its warm, cosy atmosphere. Why not stroll along its promenade and enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants dotted around? From this place, you can also catch a boat to the beautiful town of Rovinj, which is well worth visiting.
For true water lovers, a visit to the aqua park, Aqua Colors, is an absolute must! Conveniently situated in Porec, this new aqua park is only a ten-minute drive from the campsite. Here, you will be bowled over by all the fantastic swimming pools, slides and other fun pool attractions!
About the campsite
- Beach: pebble, plateaus, direct access to the beach
- Suitable for: Babies and toddlers, Children (5-11 years), Teenagers (12+)
- Distance from Calais: 1544 km
- Campsite size: 2000 pitches
- Nearest town: Vrsar, 2 km
- Pets: Allowed, in tent en lodge tent Holiday
- Wifi: available in many areas of the campsite (free of charge)
- Nearest airport: Pula 53km, Rijeka 123km, Triëst 132km
- Additional tent: not allowed
At Roan on this campsite
- Barbecue: charcoal
- Roan-children's bikes (0-6 year): yes
- Roan couriers: yes
- Select your own pitch on the campsite!
- Swimming hats not required
- Children's pool 5/1/20 - 9/15/20
- Sun loungers at swimming pool
- Shorts allowed
- Swimming pool 5/1/20 - 9/15/20
- Freshwater swimming pool(s)
- Swimming pool is not heated
- Boat buoys
- Boat ramp
- Direct access to the beach
- Sun loungers at beach
- Inflatable water park at sea (extra costs)
- Pebbly beach
- Rocky beach
- Beach: Sand
- Rental of (sail) boats
- Pedalo hire
- Disco not far from the campsite
- Cash point
- Safety deposit box hire
- Games room
- WiFi: available in many areas of the campsite (free of charge)
- Children's play area
- Dance class
- Bike hire
- Mini golf
- Table tennis
- Day and evening entertainment 5/1/20 - 9/15/20
- The entertainment programme is usually limited during the low season
Food and drinks
- Pool bar
- Snack bar
- Newspaper stand
- Well stocked supermarket
Communal toilet and shower facilities
- Disabled bathrooms
- Children's sanitary facilities
- Drying facilities
- Washing machines