The Loire, considered an important wine region in central France follows the line of the long Loire River in France. The Loire region has a diverse environment and a rich history. In the Loire you can do breathtaking hiking and biking through the beautiful Loire Valley. For history lovers, there is the opportunity to visit impressive castles, historic sites and estates. Finally, a visit to wine producers to taste various types of wines cannot be missed during a vacation in Loire.
Our campsites in the Loire
In the Loire region we offer Camping Domaine de la Brèche. The campsite possesses numerous facilities and activities of interest to both children and seniors. Guests can enjoy the heated outdoor and covered swimming pool with water slides for the ultimate water fun during their stay. Also, sports activities can be practiced on designated sports fields or multi sports grounds.
At our campsite Domaine de la Brèche, guests can stay in luxury two-room and three-room mobile homes. The main features of the supreme lounges offered at this campsite are air conditioning, lounge sofa, veranda and dishwashing facilities. The premium lounge is also available with indispensable features such as air conditioning, veranda and the basic amenities. For more information about this campsite and accommodations, there is the possibility to contact us during working hours about the possibilities at camping Domaine de la Brèche!
Sightseeing in the Loire
The Loire has an abundance of beautiful green landscapes, historic villages and attractions. There is plenty to discover in the area where sightseeing can be easily combined during a stay at camping Domaine de breche. Below is a list of impressive attractions to visit:
- Would you like to learn about the culture and history of the Loire? Then a visit to the historic city of Saumur is a must. Discover the city of Saumur where you can study more than 50 monuments and visit the hidden caves of Saumur. Understandably, you'll want to rest a few moments during the city tour, so a typical French wine with a traditional French dish completes the experience!
- Are you a Walt Disney fan? Then Château de Ussé is an enchanting castle to visit. This castle has a romantic feel to it because of the colorful gardens and interiors within the castle. An interesting fact about this castle is that hugely similar to the castle featured in the story of the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. Highly recommended if you want to experience nostalgia of childhood times!
- In Loire, you can spoil the kids by visiting the ZooParc de Beauval zoo. This zoo is very popular among French citizens because of the rich diversity of animals you can view.
- The city of Tours is a unique city with medieval architecture. The city center and the streets with restaurants and cafes in Tours gives a cozy mood. Visit medieval architectures such as Saint-Gatien Cathedral and the Arts de Tours museum to study impressive works of art.
- The Clos Lucé museum is fascinating for tourists who find artists and art projects impressive. In this museum you can learn a lot about the life and methods of the famous artist Leonardo Da Vinci. Also, Clos Lucé was formerly the former home of the famous artist.
- In Loire, it is possible to experience a similar Madurodam of the Netherlands. In Parc des Mini-Châteaux, or mini castle park, you can view miniature versions of historic castles found in the Loire region.
- The historic Château de Villandry castle attracts many tourists because of the colorful gardens that are part of the historic castle. It also has a Renaissance look where the plants form unique patterns giving tourists a maze feel.
Climate in Loire
Climate in Loire is divided into two types of climates, oceanic climate and continental climate due to its central location in France. The oceanic climate is on the western side of region Loire with mild winters and moderate summers with the Atlantic Ocean influencing this. The continental climate is on the east side of region Loire with cold winters and chance of snowfall. The eastern side has warmer summers, with temperatures that can be extra high.
Travel in Loire
The infrastructure in Loire is excellently developed with which cities and sights in Loire can be easily reached during your vacation in central France. Among tourists, the car is the best choice because of its flexibility to determine your own departure times and visit times. Keep in mind that there are some toll roads in the region. There is also the possibility to rent a car in cities and the Loire airport.
The train and bus lines are also well arranged in Loire and budget-friendly. The train network in Loire connects major cities such as Tours, Orleans and Angers. Bus lines can be found both regionally and locally in Loire where bus schedules can vary from day to day.
Cuisine in Loire
No shortage of culinary and delicious dishes in Loire. Dishes you should definitely try once in a lifetime are Rillettes (pâté dish), Fruits de Mer (fresh seafood), Tarte Tatin (French dessert tart), Saumon à l'Oseille (salmon prepared with sorrel) and Quiche aux Poireaux (savory tart. There are plenty of local restaurants in the region that have these delicious dishes on the menu. You can complete the taste sensation with a white or red wine.
Important information and useful tips
Are you looking for useful tips and information for your camping vacation in the Loire? On our France page you will find all kinds of useful information and tips under the heading 'more information'.