measures covid camping
Last update: 26.04.22
In view of the current situation, we would like to draw your attention to a number of measures that have been put in place for the safety of all concerned.
Some general regulations we ask you to adhere to:
• Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
• Use tissues to blow your nose, then dispose of them.
- Wash your hands afterwards.
• A distance of at least 1.5 metres is always maintained between our campsite staff, the regional team and you. Everyone also maintains a distance from others who don't belong to the same household. Please note: in some countries, the rule is 2 metres
• Do not shake hands or make any other physical contact.
• Do you have cold-like symptoms, such as a blocked or runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or a rise in temperature to 37.5 degrees Celsius? Stay inside your accommodation. Do you also have a fever (37.5 degrees Celsius or higher) and/or shortness of breath? In that case, housemates must also stay home. If no one experiences any symptoms for 24 hours, you can go outside again. Do you also have a fever (37.5 degrees Celsius or higher) and/or shortness of breath? Report this to us immediately.
• Avoid crowds.
• Always follow the protocol of the country concerned (think social distance, mouthguards, gloves, hand gel) and always follow the protocol of the campsite concerned. In most countries it is compulsory to always carry: mouth mask, disposable gloves, hand gel.
• Tip: if available in the country of destination, install a Corona detector app on your mobile phone.
For more information about measures that apply in your holiday country, please refer to the site of your goverment. Roan is not responsible for any incorrect and/or outdated information.
Important points to know before your holiday:
• You will receive an email containing additional information together with the voucher. This will include the following:
- The phone number of the campsite employee
- Information on the updated check-in procedure
- The beds in the Supreme Lounge mobile home are not made up as you would normally find them, but the bed linen is ready for you in the mobile home.
Important information about the preparation and cleaning of the accommodation you have booked:
• The following are ready for you in the accommodation:
- A copy 2x packaged soap.
- On arrival, you will find welcome drinks waiting for you in the fridge.
- Any pool tickets, gate tickets, wristbands, etc. Everything that normally needs to be handed over is available for you.
- A business card with the telephone number of our campsite employees.
• Our campsite staff provide a standard cleaning with cleaning agents of the entire accommodation.
• All hired bed linen is always sealed and ready in the accommodation.
Our check-in procedure has been modified. Please read this information carefully:
• Our own campsite staff will welcome you at our reception tent with a drink, the check-in always takes place outside.
• Tents and mobile homes are available from 5 p.m. onwards (for tents in NL check-in applies from 4 p.m.).
• It goes without saying that our camping staff will keep 1.5 metres away from you and we will not shake hands.
• The key to the accommodation will be sitting inside for you and the door will be open, or else our campsite employee will firstly open the accommodation for you and put the key on the table.
• Explanation of the accommodation will take place from a suitable distance.
• We ask you to pay the tourist tax as much as possible cashless. At most campsites you can pay by a payment request sent by our couriers to you by sms or email. Do you still want to pay cash? Then there is for example an envelope in which you can put the amount.
• This season we do not collect the deposit via a payment request or by cash payment. On arrival at the campsite our staff will give you a SEPA form. You fill in this SEPA form and as soon as you leave your accommodation, clean and without damage, you will receive this form back without us collecting anything.
• Make an appointment with the campsite employee to pick up a child's bicycle at Roan reception. One parent may come with the child — not the whole family. You take the selected child's bicycle yourself.
What will change for you during your camping holiday:
• There are now no reception hours at the reception tent/mobile home. Rather, the campsite employee visits your accommodation every day.
• A business card with the phone number of our campsite employee is always available at the accommodation. The phone number of our campsite employee also appears on the three-legged display board at Roan reception.
• There is no loaning of books, magazines or toys to our guests.
Our check-out procedure has been modified. Please read this information carefully:
• Place sorted bed linen in plastic bags and leave it in the living room for collection.
How does Roan handle the situation when a guest is suspected of being infected with Covid-19?
Fever and respiratory issues such as colds, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath and pneumonia.
You suspect you have the virus:
1. If you are experiencing the above symptoms, please inform the campsite staff immediately by phone. They will ask you and your travel companions to remain in your accommodation until further instructions are given.
2. The procedure is set in motion according to the specific country: for example, a medical practitioner may come to test you.
3. If you don't test positive for Covid-19, we ask that you and your travel companions leave the accommodation once you have been symptom-free for 24 hours.
4. If you do test positive for Covid-19, you and your travel companions will have to be quarantined at the accommodation. We apply the rules of the country where you are on holiday. This is required even if your departure date falls within this period. You and your travel companions will be quarantined as long as required, but may not leave the accommodation before having been symptom-free for 24 hours.
Guests who have left the campsite and afterwards tested positive for Covid-19 are requested to report this immediately to Roan head office.
For specific measures per campsite, we would like to refer you to the website of the campsite itself.